Welcome to Zurich International School
Welcome to Zurich International School (ZIS), where 1,450 students learn and develop in a challenging and nurturing multicultural environment. ZIS is comprised of four campuses and has over 55 nationalities and 40 mother-tongue languages represented in the school community. Founded in 1963, ZIS celebrated its 50th anniversary during the 2013/14 school year and has a long history of educational excellence in the Zurich area.
Learn, Care, Challenge, Lead are the cornerstones of ZIS’ mission and philosophy.
We believe these principles:
- Define our commitment to education as well as the aspirations we have for our students. They depend upon and are indispensable to each other.
- Prepare the development of the whole child so students are able to impact the future positively with the skills necessary to be successful as leaders, risk takers, and innovators.
- Provide the structure for courageous leadership in order to challenge what others would have us take for granted and to serve, reach out to, and care for those less fortunate.
- Force us to challenge cherished assumptions or accepted patterns of thought unless we have engaged in disciplined learning and understanding first.
- Are fundamental to education in times which are turbulent and challenging, but which also afford significant opportunities for enduring change.
What makes ZIS unique?
- ZIS is the oldest accredited school in the Zurich area.
- ZIS is able to offer large school "opportunities" in small learning communities.
- ZIS graduates are consistently admitted to the best universities in the world.
- ZIS has over 250 highly experienced and qualified professionals.
- ZIS goes out of its way to meet the learning needs of each student and promote the development of individual learning pathways.
- ZIS parents play an integral role in our school community, where they are partners in their children’s education.
- ZIS has an active Parents’ Association (PA), which contributes outstandingly to the warm and welcoming family environment characteristic of our school.
How can I learn more about ZIS?
- Arrange a visit to one of ZIS’ four campuses, all easily accessible and in close proximity to Zurich
- Talk to students, parents, teachers or administrators
- And most important, if you have a question, let us know how we can help, we want to hear from you!
I look forward to welcoming you and your family to ZIS.
Dr. Jeff Paulson, ZIS Director