Mission and Philosophy
We are a learning community of students, faculty, staff, and parents. At ZIS, educational excellence commits us to Learn, Care, Challenge, Lead.
- We learn by creating meaning, developing habits of mind, and acting on values.
- We teach to multiple learning styles.
- We learn to understand and to become imaginative thinkers.
- We believe that effective teaching leads to meaningful learning, and that effective teachers continue to be learners.
- We provide a caring environment for the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of our students.
- We care for the world around us and our planet.
- We value diversity and plurality of voices.
- We are committed to the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.
- We challenge ourselves to be open to risk, change, and innovation.
- We challenge ourselves to ensure the success of each student.
- We challenge our students and teachers to share the responsibility for learning.
- We challenge our students to exceed their own academic expectations.
- We enable students, faculty, and staff to become confident and responsible leaders.
- We lead with a clear sense of direction and purpose.
- We lead through best practice and educational innovation.
- We aspire to lead by example.