Employment at ZIS
Thank you for your interest in working at ZIS!
On these pages you learn about:
- the characteristics of a highly effective teacher at ZIS
- the qualifications ZIS is looking for
- the current openings
- the advantages of working for ZIS
There are a number of advantages to working at ZIS:
- We offer a wide range of job opportunities at four different campuses;
- With faculty from over 18 countries, we are a truly international employer. Values such as openness, curiosity, tolerance and mutual respect are ingrained in every one of our employees;
- Although ZIS is the largest international school in the Zurich area, we have a family environment. Faculty and staff members build close bonds and friendships and enjoy working with one another.
Upper School Science - Coordinated Science, IB Biology/Physics HL/SL, AP Biology/Physics
ZIS welcomes educators to apply to become a part of our outstanding faculty. Due to the high number of inquiries we receive every day in a variety of formats, we request that you apply for a particular position using our own online application process. Only in this way can we assure you that your application will be processed in a timely manner.
ZIS respects each applicant's decision to register through various recruitment agencies, but we also require you to apply to ZIS directly using our online system. Thank you for your understanding.
Zurich International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The school has a code of conduct, a child protection policy, and procedures which support this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees.
Teacher applicants must have at least 2-3 years of previous teaching experience in a pertinent subject area/discipline, preferably at an international school. Teaching certification is required for all positions. Applicants must furnish evidence of:
- Teaching licence including specialism
- Documented record of excellence in teaching
- BA / BSC or equivalent university degree
- IB Diploma/AP experience for specified Upper School positions
- Understanding of Middle School philosophy and best practice for Middle School positions
- Experience/familiarity with an inquiry-based pedagogy for Lower School positions
- Integration of technology into curriculum
- Learner-centered focus
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth
- Ability to differentiate for diverse learning needs
- Teamwork, collaboration, and active participation in school life