Accreditation & Membership
Parents naturally seek a quality education for their children. Expatriate parents in particular face an unfamiliar environment which may offer few guidelines on how best to select the most appropriate school for their child's needs. The fact that a school is accredited by prominent international organizations provides members of the community with the assurance that the school:
- is student oriented
- keeps its promises
- is constantly seeking to improve its performance in all aspects of school life
- plans for the future
ZIS (with its predecessor schools) is the oldest accredited school in Switzerland, having been accredited since 1971. ZIS is jointly accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
ZIS received this outstanding report following the regular five-year visit by the CIS/NEASC accreditation team in December 2015.
The CIS/NEASC School Evaluation & Accreditation Process is a rigorous vehicle for school improvement which leads to highly valued international recognition of the school if successful. The process involves evaluation of a school in the light of:
- the school’s own mission, philosophy and other guiding statements
- the CIS/NEASC Standards for Accreditation
These standards are designed to ensure that a school is offering an international education of high quality and contain many references to three ‘Driving Ideas’, which urge the school to be:
- mission driven and vision led (the importance of the school’s own guiding dtatements)
- heavily focused on student learning and student well-being.
- committed to internationalism/inter-vulturalism to foster global citizenship
ZIS a member of the following organizations:
- American School of Bombay Research Collaborative
- Common Ground Collaborative
- Council of International Schools
- European Council of International Schools
- European League for Middle Level Education
- Microsoft Partners in Learning
- National Middle School Association
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- The International Schools Sports Tournament
- Sports Council of International Schools (SCIS)
- Swiss Group of International Schools
ZIS (with its predecessor schools) is the oldest accredited school in Switzerland, having been accredited since 1971.