Accreditation & Membership
Parents naturally seek a quality education for their children. Expatriate parents in particular face an unfamiliar environment which may offer few guidelines on how best to select the most appropriate school for their child's needs.
Accreditation validates that a school meets high standards of institutional quality through an ongoing, independent, objective process of peer review. It recognizes the quality of the evaluated school, reassures parents, teachers, universities, and governments that the school provides a high quality learning experience, and results in sustained school improvement and a road map for transformation.
ZIS (with its predecessor schools) is the oldest accredited school in Switzerland, having been accredited since 1971. ZIS is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Commission for International Education.
ZIS a member of the following organizations:
- American School of Bombay Research Collaborative
- Common Ground Collaborative
- Council of International Schools
- Educational Collaborative of International Schools
- European League for Middle Level Education
- Microsoft Partners in Learning
- National Middle School Association
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- The International Schools Sports Tournament
- Sports Council of International Schools (SCIS)
- Swiss Group of International Schools
ZIS (with its predecessor schools) is the oldest accredited school in Switzerland, having been accredited since 1971.