Welcome from the Director
Welcome to Zurich International School (ZIS), where more than 1,200 students learn and develop in a challenging and nurturing multicultural environment.
ZIS provides the challenge and support to ensure that every student becomes their best self and reaches their potential, whatever their interest or passion.
ZIS is comprised of three campuses and has over 70 nationalities and 40 mother-tongue languages represented in the school community. Founded in 1963 as the American International School of Zurich, ZIS celebrated its 50th anniversary during the 2013/14 school year and has a long history of educational excellence in the Zurich area.
are the cornerstones of ZIS’ mission
- ZIS is the longest accredited school in Switzerland.
- ZIS is able to offer large school "opportunities" in small learning communities.
- ZIS graduates are consistently admitted to the best universities in the world.
- ZIS has over 250 highly experienced and qualified professionals.
- ZIS goes out of its way to meet the learning needs of each student and promote the development of individual learning pathways.
- ZIS parents play an integral role in our school community, where they are partners in their children’s education.
- ZIS is registered as a non-profit organisation (Stiftung) in Switzerland and affiliated with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organisation in the United States.
- Arrange a visit to one of ZIS’ three campuses, all easily accessible and in close proximity to Zurich
- Talk to students, parents, teachers or administrators
- Most importantly, if you have a question please let us know how we can help, we want to hear from you!
Lisa Lyle, ZIS Director
Building for the Future of Learning
Zurich International School is excited to announce that a new, state-of-the-art Middle School will open for the 2022/23 school year, adjacent to its purpose-built Upper School in Adliswil.
"It’s good to talk: how your feedback is helping to shape our school’s direction and ensure future success."
"Proud and inspired: I’m ready to work with you all to write a new chapter in ZIS’s celebrated history."