Welcome from the Director
Welcome to Zurich International School (ZIS), where 1,335 students learn and develop in a challenging and nurturing multicultural environment.
ZIS is comprised of four campuses and has over 55 nationalities and 40 mother-tongue languages represented in the school community. Founded in 1963 as the American International School of Zurich, ZIS celebrated its 50th anniversary during the 2013/14 school year and has a long history of educational excellence in the Zurich area.
are the cornerstones of ZIS’ mission.
Dr. Jeff Paulson
- ZIS is the oldest accredited school in the Zurich area.
- ZIS is able to offer large school "opportunities" in small learning communities.
- ZIS graduates are consistently admitted to the best universities in the world.
- ZIS has over 250 highly experienced and qualified professionals.
- ZIS goes out of its way to meet the learning needs of each student and promote the development of individual learning pathways.
- ZIS parents play an integral role in our school community, where they are partners in their children’s education.
- Arrange a visit to one of ZIS’ four campuses, all easily accessible and in close proximity to Zurich
- Talk to students, parents, teachers or administrators
- Most importantly, if you have a question please let us know how we can help, we want to hear from you!
This will be my 25th year of serving and leading international schools and I look forward to the arrival of Ms.Lisa Lyle, now Head of the Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, who will become the Director of Zurich International School in July of 2019. I look forward to welcoming you and your family to ZIS.
Dr. Jeff Paulson, ZIS Director
Flexibility and resilience >> In a changing world, we need to focus on the things that matter to our students' futures - flexibility and resilience.
Success in a changing world >> At ZIS, our program is built on the latest pedagogical research, enabling us to prepare students for the future.
Lifelong Learning >> The new Learning First curriculum builds on our 50-year heritage and will prepare our students to thrive - both professionally and personally.
Why ZIS is a product of its community >> Community is about striving, changing and learning - together.
Learning First >> I want our kids to feel that, when it comes to learning, there is nothing they can't do.