Welcome from the Director
Welcome to Zurich International School (ZIS), where 1,300 students learn and develop in a challenging and nurturing multicultural environment.
ZIS is comprised of three campuses and has over 55 nationalities and 40 mother-tongue languages represented in the school community. Founded in 1963 as the American International School of Zurich, ZIS celebrated its 50th anniversary during the 2013/14 school year and has a long history of educational excellence in the Zurich area.
are the cornerstones of ZIS’ mission.
I will be joining ZIS in August 2019 and you can find out more about me on this page.
- ZIS is the oldest accredited school in the Zurich area.
- ZIS is able to offer large school "opportunities" in small learning communities.
- ZIS graduates are consistently admitted to the best universities in the world.
- ZIS has over 250 highly experienced and qualified professionals.
- ZIS goes out of its way to meet the learning needs of each student and promote the development of individual learning pathways.
- ZIS parents play an integral role in our school community, where they are partners in their children’s education.
- ZIS is registered as a non-profit organisation (Stiftung) in Switzerland and affiliated with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organisation in the United States.
- Arrange a visit to one of ZIS’ four campuses, all easily accessible and in close proximity to Zurich
- Talk to students, parents, teachers or administrators
- Most importantly, if you have a question please let us know how we can help, we want to hear from you!
Lisa Lyle, ZIS Director