Due to the global COVID-19 situation, the ZIS Continuous Learning Plan (CLP) was put into action from March to June, 2020. Students continued their learning at home using existing learning platforms.
ZIS is a forward-thinking institution with a technology-rich learning environment and we are confident that our students have the skills to continue their studies in a number of environments, including at home in a virtual situation when necessary.
The ZIS Vision and Mission underpins our curriculum and its design, review, development and delivery. Learn, Care, Challenge, Lead – these give us the parameters to question what we teach and how we teach in a complex and ever-changing global environment.
Our Pre-School to Grade 12 curriculum is shaped and guided by our Learning Principles. Learning outcomes build logically through each grade, preparing students for the next academic challenge. The IB Diploma Programme is offered in Grades 11 and 12, together with Advanced Placement courses.
We want our students to be:
- active learners who are critical and compassionate thinkers;
- open-minded, resilient, playful and reflective learners who value and demonstrate integrity, compassion and fairness;
- inspired and challenged to develop a lifelong love of learning.
At ZIS, learning experiences:
- are designed to develop and support all ZIS learners through rich and varied experiences;
- provide opportunities for students to develop and maximize their potential in terms of the skills, attitudes, values and knowledge necessary to meet current and future needs;
- use inquiry and problem solving to foster creativity and team-work;
- are numerous and varied, both in and out of the classroom;
- fully integrate information technology to enhance learning.
Director of Curriculum & Learning
Our curriculum is dynamic and responsive – it evolves, responds and develops in accordance with the needs of our students and contemporary research into learning and teaching, while maintaining the highest international standards demanded by international accreditation agencies. The on-going professional growth of our highly skilled faculty is a key factor for improving curriculum and student learning.
As our students move through the different campuses, there is continuity and coherence of programs to ensure a sustainable learning experience for all students.