ZIS provides the challenge and support to ensure that every student becomes their best self and reaches their potential, whatever their interest or passion.
The ZIS Vision and Mission underpins our curriculum and its design, review, development and delivery. Learn, Care, Challenge, Lead – these give us the parameters to question what we teach and how we teach in a complex and ever-changing global environment.
Our curriculum is dynamic and responsive – it evolves, responds and develops in accordance with the needs of our students and contemporary research into learning and teaching, while maintaining the highest international standards demanded by international accreditation agencies. The on-going professional growth of our highly skilled faculty is a key factor for improving curriculum and student learning.
Our Pre-School to Grade 12 curriculum is shaped and guided by our Learning Principles. Learning outcomes build logically through each grade, preparing students for the next academic challenge. The IB Diploma Programme is offered in Grades 11 and 12, together with Advanced Placement courses.
We want our students to be:
- active learners who are critical and compassionate thinkers;
- open-minded, resilient, playful and reflective learners who value and demonstrate integrity, compassion and fairness;
- inspired and challenged to develop a lifelong love of learning.
At ZIS, learning experiences:
- are designed to develop and support all ZIS learners through rich and varied experiences;
- provide opportunities for students to develop and maximize their potential in terms of the skills, attitudes, values and knowledge necessary to meet current and future needs;
- use inquiry and problem solving to foster creativity and team-work;
- are numerous and varied, both in and out of the classroom;
- fully integrate information technology to enhance learning.
Our holistic program balances the development of concepts, skills and character. We focus on the total growth of your child including their social, physical, emotional and cultural needs while offering academic excellence.
We believe that learning is empowering. That’s why our curriculum is focused on developing a love of learning and our approach is to challenge, not overwhelm, your child.
We offer a transformative education designed around you. Our inquiry-led approach to learning isn’t just transferable to your next school—it’s an approach that inspires a lifetime of learning.