- Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 15, 2016
- ZISMeets: The Art of Fragrance - New York - October 20, 2016
- John Mattern Award Honoree Apero - Friday, August 19, 2016
- Class of 2011, 5th Reunion - August 12, 2016
- Class of 1996, 20 year reunion - July 2 & 3, 2016
- Class of 2006, 10 year reunion - June 4, 2016
- ZIS Meets Artist Lecture and Apéro, Boston - May 12, 2016
- Australia Beach Afternoon - May 1, 2016
- Apéro with ZIS faculty in London - January 17, 2016
- Israeli Families Get-together - December 30, 2015
- Annual Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 17, 2015
- AISZ Reunion - November 28, 2015
- Alumni Parent Apéro - Zurich - November 6, 2015
- Architectural Walking Tour & Apéro - Chicago - November 1, 2015
- Class of 2005 10 Year Reunion - July 18 & 19, 2015
- New York City Reception - April 29, 2015
- Visiting Scholar Alumni Apéro - April 22, 2015
- Alumni Parent Coffee Morning - Zurich - April 14, 2015
- Australia Get-together - March 21, 2015
- Alumni and Past Parent Apéro - San Francisco - February 10, 2015
- Alumni and Past Parent Apéro - London - January 29, 2015
- Alumni Reunion - Tel Aviv, Israel - December 30, 2014
- Annual Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 17, 2014
- John Mattern Alumni Award Ceremony and Apéro - October 24, 2014
- Chicago area 50th anniversary event - June 29, 2014
- New York City Alumni Reception - April 10, 2014
- Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 18, 2013
- 50th Anniversary Kick-off Weekend - August 23-25, 2013
- San Francisco Alumni Reception - February 13, 2013
- Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 19, 2012
- Boston Alumni Reunion - Oct 20, 2012
- Chicago Alumni Reunion - November 7, 2012
- ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, Michigan - Sept 29, 2012
- New York City Alumni Reunion - Oct 17, 2012
- Congratulations to the Class of 2012!
- Peter C. Mott Tribute Evening - June 12. 2012
- Alumni Announcement
- Alumni Panelists at Careers Forum - January 20, 2012
- Annual Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 20, 2011
- ZIS Ghana Cup - May 22, 2011
- Alumni of International Schools Reunion - London - May 7, 2011
- Annual Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 28, 2010
- 1980s Reunion - August 21, 2010
- Alumni of International Schools Reunion - New York - May 6, 2010
- Annual Alumni Holiday Apéro - December 19, 2009
80 alumni, alumni parents, faculty and friends joined us at The Lion Pub to celebrate the holiday season. It was a wonderful evening of festive fun!
A special thanks to Dora Somogyi, Class of 2007, and her band for entertaining us with songs from her new album. Be sure to check out her website: www.thisisdora.com
Nearly 50 alumni joined ZIS at the Princeton Club of New York to hear Fabio Luisi, ZIS Past Parent and Principal Conductor, Metropolitan Opera New York, speak about "The Art of Fragrance."
Fabio Luisi is a Grammy Award-winning Italian conductor. He is Principal Conductor of the Metropolitan Opera and General Music Director of the Zurich Opera. For years he has been creating perfumes for friends and now he offers them to the general public. His perfumes use natural substances from all over the world. Mr Luisi says "I bring these exotic ingredients together in order to create, with patience and painstaking care, unique and special perfume recipes, because perfumery, like music, is an art of blending – blending sounds in music, blending aromatic substances in perfumery. FL Parfums are unique in the world of scents."
This ZISMeets event, held at the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, combined alumni networking and a fascinating lecture with Nick Felton, an influential designer who has been profiled by the Wall Street Journal, Wired and Good Magazine.
Former Facebook employee Nicholas Felton spends much of his time thinking about data, charts, and our daily routines; his Personal Annual Reports present a tapestry of graphs, maps, and statistics reflecting his year’s activities. In his Feltron Annual Report of 2013, for example, Felton gathered over 94,000 data points, including data from 44,041 text messages, 31,769 emails, and countless social media posts.
The Class of 2005 met for their 10-year reunion at the Villa in Kilchberg. Alumni flew in from as far away as South Africa, California and Australia! Alumni parents and faculty also enjoyed the opportunity to reconnect and reminisce about their happy days at ZIS. Contact email@example.com if you would like to organize a reunion for your class!
Join us as we welcome our 2015 Visiting Scholar and alumnus Richard Morais ('77). Journalist and author of the novel The Hundred-Foot Journey. Wednesday April 22, 17:30 - 21.15, at ZIS Upper School, Adliswil Campus. The evening will consist of an Alumni Apéro followed by the showing of the film and a discussion with the author. Please register for the event here.
On Friday October 24, former Mathematics teacher and coach Mike Marlow (third from the left in photo) received the John Mattern Alumni Award for Faculty at an Upper School Assembly. The award, which was created in 2013, honors a former faculty or staff member who has provided “an exceptionally high degree of individual attention to, and concern for, students in all areas of school life.” The Mattern Award alumni committee and director Jeff Paulson were on hand to present the Award – which included a CHF 1,500 prize – to Marlow, who worked at ZIS from 1988 to 2005.
Later that day, Mike was honored during an Alumni Apero held at the Middle School Kilchberg, site of ZIS’s predecessor school AISZ. Dozens of former students, former parents, and current and former faculty were on hand to greet Mike and his wife Maura, who had traveled from their home in Malta to receive the Award.
This eventful weekend kicked-off a year of activities to focus on our school's history and celebrate our future. View the video about the kickoff weekend! For more information about 50th Anniversary events, please see the separate "50 Years" page (menu on left) or www.zis.ch/50years
Alumni met for a day of art and wine and cheese at world renowned ArtPrize in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The event took place on Saturday, September 29 in front of the Grand Rapids Art Museum, where guests perused priceless works of art, then wrapped the day up with wine and cheese at a fellow alum's house!
126 students graduated from ZIS at a special ceremony at the Upper School on Saturday June 16.
Director Peter C. Mott gave an address which was followed by the presentation of awards by Upper School Principal John Switzer and Chairman of the Board of Trustees Douglas O. Marston.
Two Grade 12 students, Maphrida and Max, spoke on behalf of the Class of 2012, and music was provided by the ZIS Concert Band as well as the Grade 12 students Lynn and Jordan.
The event was attended by family, friends and faculty.
If you would like to watch the graduation, please visit www.zis.ch/graduation
We would like to wish the members of the ZIS Class of 2012 all the very best for their future and hope to see them at our alumni events!
Representatives of all ZIS stakeholders gathered on June 12 for a surprise tribute evening in honor of ZIS Director Peter C. Mott, who is leaving the school after 25 years. Guests included members of the ZIS community, past and present; educational leaders; politicians; corporate contacts; family and friends.The event included speeches by politicians, past and present chairmen of the ZIS Board of Trustees, parents, faculty, and educational leaders.
A tribute film reflecting on Peter C. Mott and his time at the school was shown and music was performed throughout the evening by students and alumni.
During the evening, Douglas O. Marston, Chairman of the ZIS Board of Trustees, announced that the theater in the new Arts, Humanities and Language Center at the Upper School Campus will be named The Peter C. Mott Theater.
Peter C. Mott joined the American International School of Zurich (AISZ) in 1987 as the Assistant Director. He was later appointed AISZ Director and instigated the merger with the International Primary School of Zurich (IPSZ) to form Zurich International School in 2001.Under his leadership, ZIS has become a leading international school for more than 1,500 from over 55 nationalities at five campuses in the Greater Zurich and Baden region.
As many of you may have heard one of our alumns, Timothy Crossan, recently died tragically at the university he was attending. Tim, and his siblings, attended ZIS from 2003 until 2008 when the family was transferred at the end of Tim’s 10th grade year.
For those among you who remember Tim and would like to do something to remember him, we reprint a message received from Tim’s college, the Western... Washington University:
Western Washington University, upon the generous donation from the Crossan family, has established the Timothy Crossan Memorial Fund. The Fund will provide resources for the University's counseling programs, such as enhancing the library of resources (videos, books) for students, expanding outreach activities for the campus and enriching its student-volunteer 'peer counseling' program. The Timothy Crossan Memorial Fund is an endowment at the University, to which family and friends may make contributions directly.
For details on making a contribution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
On January 20 2012, ZIS held a Careers Forum where volunteers from various professional backgrounds came to share their career expertise and experience with our Grade 10 students. We were delighted that 25 alumni were able to participate and share their knowledge - thank you!
Following the forum, an intimate gathering of alumni enjoyed tours of the Upper School and Middle School Villa and reminisced about their old school days over a hot bowl of cheese fondue!
AISZ alumni who had attended the school in the '80s joined together with their families at the Kilchberg villa on Nidelbadstrasse, former home of AISZ, now home to the ZIS Middle School. Attendees enjoyed a tour of the villa and reminiscing with former faculty members. Special thanks to Roger Kaufmann '84 and Roberto Moratti '82 for organizing this fun family get-together.