Outstanding and experienced educators who challenge and support each student based on their abilities and interests. Learning in English and German every day.
The ZIS bilingual program is a new additional pathway for students aged 4 - 6.
If you want your child to:
- have Swiss roots and a global outlook. We offer a strong academic program in both German and English in an international environment;
- stay in Switzerland in the long-term or be open to an international move;
- go to a German language university.
The ZIS Bilingual Program is available to families who want their child to develop both German and English as an academic language.
- Starts with Kindergarten 1 and 2 (children aged 4 to 6) from August 2021 and is part of the Lower School in Wädenswil.
- The program grows with your child and will be expanded every year, to include students aged up to 12 in the coming years.
- Follows the Swiss curriculum (Lehrplan 21)
- Is taught approximately 60% German and 40% English (moving to 50/50 at the end of Grade 2)
Where digital learning is integrated and new skills are learned every day. A comprehensive and well-supported online learning program when needed.
An international and welcoming community where students interact with and learn from children from all over the world and where parents are treated as partners.
Our extensive after school activities give every child the opportunity to follow their passion or find a new one. And it’s all included in our tuition fees.
Sate-of-the-art facilities such as performance rooms, classrooms and makerspaces; and access to sports fields, play spaces, and a forest.
Before and after school care (extending the day from 07:00 to 18:00 every day including Wednesday), lunch service, bus service, weekend and vacation programs.
Find out more about the Lower School and ZIS Bilingual
Join us for our Virtual Open House
- Introduction to ZIS from Director Lisa Lyle and to the Lower School from Principal Catherine Jolly
- Learn about our new Bilingual Pathway for Kindergarten children, starting in August 2021
- Overview of our curriculum
- Virtual tour of our campus to see our outstanding facilities and an overview of our after school activities
- Small group discussions with Lower School teachers and admissions representatives who will answer your individual questions
The event will take place online and you will be sent a link to join. Please complete the short online registration form.
My son is simply thriving at ZIS. He loves school, he loves his after school activities, his teacher motivates him … he has great friends. All of the support team are great! Quite frankly it makes me want to have a ‘do over’ – I want to go to ZIS myself!
This is a wonderful school. I can't believe how happy my boys are. Since they started at ZIS, there has not been one morning they have not woken up excited to go to school. And every day they come home with 'stars in their eyes' because something great has happened, or a teacher said something really nice to them.
From day 1, it was clear that our daughter felt welcomed and supported. We love seeing her confidence grow and can’t wait to see how her curiosity and resilience will be nurtured further.
The school welcomed us very warmly and we feel delighted to be a part of the ZIS community and fully trust that the school will continue successfully managing the COVID situation professionally and efficiently.
Emerson loves Kindergarten and says her favourite time is when the class get to explore the forest.
Kindergarten teacher Allan Dee wants learning to be fun and fulfilling – whichever side of the desk he’s sitting on.
Henrik says before the MMUN conference, the biggest crowd he had spoken in front of was a school assembly.
Multilingual Valerie grew up speaking English and French, is now loving her German studies – and hopes to learn Italian in the future.
With a sci-fi novel under his belt, Leo can't get enough of the written word
Max remembers lessons at ZIS as “amazing, relevant and relatable, being brought to life vividly”.
“ The international experience I’d got from AISZ meant it was easy for me to put myself in the shoes of people from other cultures"
Our admissions team would be delighted to meet with you via Zoom or a phone call to answer any questions you may have about ZIS Bilingual.
Please complete the sort registration of interest form and we will get in touch with you.