Middle School (ages 11-14)
We believe that learning is empowering. That’s why our curriculum is focused on developing a love of learning and our approach is to challenge, not overwhelm, your child.
Our goal is to meet each student where they are and to support them to achieve more than they thought possible.
We are committed to providing excellent learning experiences in a structured and caring environment. Our talented and experienced teachers and staff understand the developmental needs of young adolescents and work in partnership with you to meet the needs of your child.
Learning occurs through:
- a well-rounded curriculum for all students
- curriculum related field trips to local and international destinations for all students, taking advantage of the many outdoor and cultural opportunities that Zurich and Switzerland have to offer
- a broad range of competitive and non-competitive athletics, arts, service learning, student leadership, and other clubs
- additional language support for English language learners
- additional learning support for students with mild to moderate learning challenges
State of the art facilities
Our campus is a renovated historic villa set in extensive grounds. Combining the best of old and new, it boasts modern classrooms and dedicated learning spaces housed in a traditional Swiss building. And while surrounded by green space, the campus has good public transport connections making independent travel easy for your child.
We're excited to be opening a new purpose-built Middle School adjacent to our Upper School in Adliswil for the 2022/23 school year.
Find your passion
ZIS experiences and activities are designed to prepare students for real-world challenges, whether that’s learning to debate and discuss, exploring more sustainable living, or helping others in the local and global community.
Students explore and develop their personal passions through elective choices in the curriculum and a wide co-curricular activities program comprising a full range of activities including academics, service learning, STEM, performing arts, recreational and competitive athletics.
Building for the Future of Learning
Our new, state-of-the-art Middle School will open for the 2022/23 school year, adjacent to our purpose-built Upper School in Adliswil.