Welcome to the Middle School
The Middle School campus is an exciting place. We are an international community of students and faculty who are committed to living the ZIS mission to learn, care, challenge and lead.
Our campus is housed in a renovated historic villa surrounded by green space. We take full advantage of the many outdoor and cultural opportunities that Zurich and Switzerland have to offer. See our facilities page for an overview of the facilities at the Middle School.
The Middle School faculty are committed to providing excellent learning experiences in a structured, healthy, and caring environment. We understand the developmental needs of young adolescents and we work in partnership with parents to meet the needs of all learners.
Students explore and develop their personal passions through elective choices in the curriculum and a wide range of afterschool acitivities. They set their individual learning goals with teachers.Learning occurs through:
- a well-rounded curriculum for all students
- additional language support for English language learners
- additional learning support for students with mild to moderate learning challenges
- curriculum related field trips to local and international destinations for all students
- a broad range of competitive and non-competitive athletics, arts, service learning, student leadership, and other clubs.
Our goal is to meet each student where they are, to ensure that all are challenged, and supported to achieve more than they thought possible.
We are very proud of what our students achieve in and out of the classroom and are confident that we are preparing them well for the future. To learn more about a typical day on our campus, please read what a student has to say.
Middle School Principal