Supporting and guiding students on their academic and life journey. At ZIS, we strive to make every student feel seen, cared for, and valued and in doing so, build a true sense of belonging.
Our counselors support students with academic, social and emotional issues and can refer and connect families to outside support. They also help students develop the skills they need to optimize their well-being, happiness and learning.
ZIS counseling programs are proactive, collaborative, and developmental in nature.
Social and Emotional Learning
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which individuals acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, and character to develop healthy identities, optimize well-being and achieve goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain supportive relationships, and make responsible, ethical, and caring decisions.
At ZIS, our social emotional program is aligned with the CASEL framework.
The role of the Counselor is to guide, listen and teach
- Individual Counseling: we work one-on-one with students to support and guide them. If more support is required, we connect students and families to outside professionals.
- Group Counseling: we work in small groups to help students work through theme-based issues together.
- Mediation: we facilitate conversations between two or more individuals to discuss issues and agree upon the best way forward.
- Counseling Lessons: we provide direct lessons in class, based on student's developmental needs.
- Parent Partnerships: we meet with caregivers to understand their child’s needs and to share resources and strategies.
University and Careers
Whichever step your child is planning next, we can provide guidance and support.
We believe in helping students find the path that fits their abilities, interests and needs. More than 100 university representatives visit our school each year to meet with ZIS students and their counselors.
However, university is not the only path available to students. We can advise you and your child on how to achieve their ambitions – and what they need to get there.
Help With Your New Start
Moving to a new community or a new country can be a challenging experience.
Our school counselors will do everything they can to ensure that you and your family settle in at ZIS, and in your new home.
We can connect your child with a student buddy who can help them make new friends and find their way around. We can also introduce your family to other members of our community.
To find out more about how we help you feel more at home in Switzerland, visit our Joining ZIS page.
We are here if you have questions about ZIS. Contact us to learn more.
Fill out our Registration of Interest Form to arrange a visit and learn more about how we make learning a joyful and challenging experience.
Register your interest so we can get to know you and your family better and arrange a personalized visit to ZIS.