Lower School (ages 3-11)
The future is global and our Lower School has over 400 students from over 50 nations, speaking 40 different languages. Though each student is unique, our caring community ensures that everyone finds a place to belong.
Lower School Principal
I knew from the first time I stepped into the Lower School building that this was an amazing school, and that I wanted to be part of its future. There is a wonderful feeling of warmth and community, and the opportunity for everyone in the community to find their passion and reach for their potential.
Some of the most important learning we do happens early, and our expert teachers challenge and support each child to grow as a whole person while excelling academically. We do that by building a learning experience personalized to your child’s unique needs.
A child’s early years are the best time to lay the foundation for their future. We want them to learn the value of focus and problem-solving, but also the importance of play, curiosity and enthusiasm. Our curriculum draws on inquiry-based learning, and is designed to foster a sense of wonder and possibility that empowers each child to excel.
Your child will get to learn with the latest technology with teachers who specialize in the following areas:
- Play-based Early Childhood (ages 3-6) program
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Physical Education, Music and Art
- German instruction for children of all ages
We also make sure that each student gets the unique support they need. We offer student support which includes:
- Language support for English language learners
- Academic and behavioural support
- Social and emotional suspport
- Individualised Learning Support (ILP)
- Speech and language support
Seeding their Passion
We help our students try many different activities based on their interests. Your child may discover a lifelong passion through our outstanding co-curricular program featuring over 40 different activities.
Before and After School Care is also available if you need to extend the school day.
Our campus provides the ideal environment for your child to learn and grow. We offer dedicated facilities to support different types of learning. We have:
- A dedicated Design Lab
- Classrooms designed for German, Music, Visual and Performing Arts
- Gym for Physical Education
- Extensive outdoor spaces including a sports field, multiple play spaces, Edible Food Forest and access to the neighboring forest
We offer school bus service covering parts of Greater Zurich and Zug areas.
Welcome to the Lower School
The Good Schools Guide International
"Parents are engaged and students are actively encouraged to become well-rounded individuals."
Before school care from 07:00
Morning supervision is from 08:00 to 08:20
Classes start at the following times:
- All classes start at 08:30 ending at 15:20 (Wednesday 14:20)
- After school activities until 16:20 (15:20 on Wednesdays)
After school care available until 18:00
We serve hot food, available for purchase in the cafeteria, or your child can bring a packed lunch.
Make an Inquiry
We are here if you have questions about ZIS. Contact us to learn more.
Take a virtual tour and see our age appropriate Primary Campus facilities.
We have a diverse international community at ZIS. Find out more about what to expect day-to-day.