Vision and Mission
Our vision is for all ZIS students to join and strengthen a global community of citizens, determined to make a difference to the organizations and communities in which they work and live. We're committed to ensuring our students develop the intellect, skills and character to become caring individuals and adaptable and independent thinkers.
We are a learning community of students, faculty, staff, and parents. At ZIS, educational excellence commits us to Learn, Care, Challenge, Lead
- We learn by creating meaning, developing habits of mind, and acting on values.
- We teach to multiple learning styles.
- We learn to understand and to become imaginative thinkers.
- We believe that effective teaching leads to meaningful learning, and that effective teachers continue to be learners.
- We provide a caring environment for the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of our students.
- We care for the world around us and our planet.
- We value diversity and plurality of voices.
- We are committed to the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights.
- We challenge ourselves to be open to risk, change, and innovation.
- We challenge ourselves to ensure the success of each student.
- We challenge our students and teachers to share the responsibility for learning.
- We challenge our students to exceed their own academic expectations.
- We enable students, faculty, and staff to become confident and responsible leaders.
- We lead with a clear sense of direction and purpose.
- We lead through best practice and educational innovation.
- We aspire to lead by example.
ZIS Definition of Learning
Learning is a process that leads to a sustained and demonstrable consolidation or extension of conceptual understanding, competencies or character.
Learn more about our Lower School (ages 3-11).
Learn more about our Middle School (ages 11-14).
Learn more about our Upper School (ages 14-18 years).