Annual Fund Annual Report 2019/20
While some learning plans were postponed due to the change to the Continuous Learning Plan, the ZIS community reacted generously to benefit Educating for Sustainability projects this year. Nearly CHF 163,000 was raised, with 23% participation. Some planned projects could not be held due to the move to the CLP and lack of in-person learning opportunities; however, several of the projects will be rescheduled to the 2020/21 school year.
Some of the Annual Fund 2019/20 accomplishments:
- New Educating for Sustainability curricula were developed on each campus
- 1,274 students impacted
- At least 8 ZIS community (including Worldfest, Sustainability/STEAM speaker, two Zero Waste workshops) and alumni events were supported
- Average donation was CHF 648
We are especially grateful to the donors who supported ZIS and the sustainability initiatives during this difficult time.
I give to equip the youth because it will be up to them to save the earth.
We fully support the mission for sustainability and Eco Schools.
I donate because I am proud of my school and of its efforts to become more sustainable.
ZIS is continuously doing fantastic things for the school community through the Annual Fund and we as a family want to support that.
Current Staff and Parent
I support the great initiatives of the Annual Fund and encourage
others to give.
I will be forever grateful for the inspiring teachers and the high level education that was offered at ZIS.
Many thanks to our 2019/20 volunteers:
- Annual Fund Committee parent representatives: Anthony Bowes (LS), Andrea Demey (LS), Tomas Molvidson (MS), Kim Brown-Baur (US), Patricia Shelton (US), Anke Baur (new parents),
- Alumni representative: Tom Krebs AISZ '78
- Zurich International School Foundation board members: Martin Hoekstra, Lisa Lyle, Phil Ryan, Jennifer Saxe, Brian Scanlon